Search

Google

Friday, February 8, 2008

How Retail Spot Forex works?

Each currency is quoted with a pip spread. This is how the dealer makes his money. With most online retail brokers, there are no commissions. For example, I want to buy the Swiss Franc, and the current quote is
1.7205/1.7210. The dealer will give me the 1.7210 price, and I would start the trade -5 points which equals $30.00.

In my trade window, I would see my money change as the market price moves back and forth. As it moves in my favor, my negative position is removed as soon as the market is trading 1.7210/1.7215, or higher.

In the spot forex market, it is common for currencies to move 100 to 300 pips/points in a 24-hour session. If you like volatility, there is no currency more volatile than the Franc.

If you want to see the software in action, just register for it at fxsol.com, and download a free demo. You will get your password and username immediately sent to you by email.

No comments: